Ceilume ceiling panels are available in white, four designer colors, six faux finishes, and three levels of light-transmitting materials that offer opportunities for innovative illumination schemes.
- Bright white panels have high light reflectance for energy efficiency.
- Solid colors and faux finishes satisfy any decorative scheme.
- Panel's matte surface and relief cuts glare.
- Molded relief casts distinctive shadows, especially when seen in glancing light.
Grid-mounted (can) lighting is a great illumination option. Choose a tile design that has sufficient flat area in the middle to accommodate the light opening and trim ring, and choose fixtures that come with grid-suspension brackets so that the weight of the light is supported by your T-bar and not by your tile. Coffered ceiling tiles may require some additional steps. Contact us for more information.
- Panels are compatible with conventional lighting fixtures - recessed, troffer, pendant, uplight, and chandelier.
- As with other suspended ceiling products, do not support light fixtures directly from ceiling panels. Instead, attach them to the above-ceiling structure or use approved fixture carriers.
Create a fully-illuminated ceiling with uniform lighting distribution.
49.91% reflectance, 31.62% transmittance
Offer more direct lighting and reveal a hint of what is above the ceiling.
8.99% reflectance, 76.81% transmittance
Maximize lighting and allow an unobstructed view of above-grid areas.
Mix It Up
Install in checkerboard, striped, random, and layouts to direct the eye, vary the lighting effect, and suit the mood of a space.
In a hotel lobby, for example, use opaque panels above a chandelier in the entry hall, a luminous ceiling over the registration desk, frosted panels beneath colored LEDs in the lounge, and clear panels for spotlight accents.
Use clear or frosted panels along the perimeter of the room with economical above-ceiling light fixtures to illuminate walls.
Install spotlights above the ceiling instead of using expensive recessed fixtures.
Simplify maintenance by allowing valves, meters, and other above-ceiling equipment to be visually inspected from below. Stop worrying about equipment leaks; panels are not damaged by water and are easy to clean.
Peek-a-boo panels maintain the visual and functional integrity of the ceiling plane.
Please see individual product pages to learn which materials are standard for each panel style, or contact us to discuss your requirements.
Tested in accordance with ASTM E1477
Tested in accordance with ASTM E1348