Ceil with Thermoformed Tiles and Panels
Architect Magazine has published a continuing education course about thermoformed ceiling tiles and panels sponsored by Ceilume.
Adding a word to one's vocabulary can give a person a new means of expression. The same can be said for adding a building product to one's palette of material choices. A wider choice of products can satisfy a designer's quest for aesthetic exploration, help a project manager meet a budget, or the specifier to address challenging performance requirements.
Quality. Cost. Performance. Is it possible that restoring thermoformed ceilings (TFC) to the architectural vocabulary can meet all three of an architect's needs?
- Recognize design challenges for which thermoformed ceilings are an attractive solution.
- Utilize drop-out ceilings to reduce the cost and impact of installing fire sprinklers.
- Integrate LED lighting with new approaches to luminous ceilings.
- Improve indoor air quality by eliminating ceiling problems associated with mold, airborne fibers, and VOC-emissions.
- Credit: 1 LU / HSW
- Course Number: ARsept2015.1
- Use the learning objectives to focus your study as you read this article.
- Complete online quiz for credit.